Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why Don't You?

It was one of those summer nights that just entirely intoxicated you. They were lying in the grass on that hill, by the far end of the pond. This was home for so long, yet now she frantically grasps for any fragment of that memory...always coming up empty handed. They were wrapped up in those same old childhood blankets. And underneath, they were secretly completely entangled with each other. She loved the nights when the sky was clear and she would see him walk down the stairs, dragging a blanket behind him. She knew it meant a night spent lying here, on this hill, whispering in hushed tones like this. That night, he was talking about dancing to these songs with her one day. But what were they? It's driving her partially insane for not being able to remember. She was praying for an answer. Oh, God, was it something about an angel? I swear, it had to have been. Or maybe it was Bright Eyes; he loved those lyrics, "You said, 'Everything changed' You felt as if you'd just woke up and you said, 'This is the first day of my life. I'm glad I didn't die before I met you. But now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you and I'd probably be happy'" It was definitely something about an angel. Why isn't this coming to me?

She misses being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment